Farm fresh goat cheese can be found in just about every Farmers Market and this recipe showcases it’s uses. Paired with local hormone-free chicken breast, tomatoes from your garden and you are eating the Harvest Eating way.
2 1/2 lbs skin on chicken breast Hormone free
1 lbs fresh goat cheese
1/4 cup fresh basil chiffonade
2 tbs garlic chopped
1 whole lemon zest
2 pints cherry tomatoes
1 tbs fresh oregano chopped
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl combine goat cheese, basil, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. To make a pocket for the stuffing, slice the chicken breasts with a paring knife. Make a 1 1/2 – 2 inch incision in the thick part of the chicken breast. Carefully cut a pocket with the paring knife along the incision.
3. Stuff chicken with goat cheese mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow to firm.
4. Lightly oil a roasting pan and place chicken on it. Lightly brush tops of chicken breast with olive oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Careful not to cross contaminate olive oil from chicken with the olive oil for sauce.
5. Place roasting pan in a 375 degree oven pre-heated oven for 20 – 30 minutes or until internal temperature reads 150 degrees. There will be carryover cooking.
6. Remove roasting pan from oven and place chicken on serving platter.
7. In same roasting pan add remaining olive oil, white wine, chopped shallots and cherry tomatoes. Stir until incorporated and cook until the tomatoes start to break down. Add oregano and season to taste.
8. Top chicken with sauce and serve.