Here is my newest recipe for gluten-free buttermilk corn cakes. These came out really nicely and the taste an texture was about as good as I have been able to achieve in lieu of using wheat flour. I use a buttermilk powder in this recipe but you can easily just use buttermilk in place of the water in this recipe the recipe.
- 1 large farm fresh egg
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1/3 cup Grape seed oil (or oil of your choice)
- 2 1/2 tbs buttermilk powder
- 2/3 cup water
- pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup organic cornmeal
- butter for the skillet
- In a large work bowl add the first 6 ingredients, whisk well.
- Add dry ingredients, whisk well to combine, let batter rest about 25 minutes.
- In a skillet over medium heat add some butter then a ladle of batter, cook until bubbles form and it starts to brown, flip over and cook another 30 seconds to one minute until done.
- Serve with butter, syrup, and even a dollop of sour cream.