Garlic cloves cooked in duck fat makes a wonderful caramelized garlic puree that is scented with fresh thyme, salt pepper and high quality butter. It makes a dreamy concoction that can be used many ways.
- 2 bulbs garlic, cloves removed and peeled
- 1.5 cups duck fat
- 2 tbs minced fresh thyme
- 1- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 sticks high-quality unsalted butter at room temp….DO NOT MELT!
- PLace peeled garlic cloves into a sauce pot, add duck fat, bring to slow simmer and cook until garlic is a nice light brown color….be sure NOT TO BURN THIS!
- Remove garlic from duck fat, place in work bowl, allow to cool to room temp.
- Add thyme, salt, pepper and butter, mash with a fork until completely combined.
- Roll this compound butter into a log shape inside parchment or waxed paper.
- Refrigerate or freeze butter.