This dish is perfect for summer, it has grilled flank steak, a zucchini corn and pepper relish plus sour cream. Yum!
Flank Steak Tacos
- 1 large flank steak or London Broil
- corn tortillas
- 2 ears corn roasted
- sour cream or crema
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 medium limes
- 1/4 cup white onions chopped
- 1/2 cup zucchini diced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tsp jalapeno diced
- 1/2 cup fresh tomato chopped
- 2 medium poblano peppers roasted and peeled seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, marinate the steak in the juice of the two limes, a small handful of cilantro, garlic pepper (or garlic powder and black pepper), and a generous pour of extra virgin olive oil. Flip the steak and season the other side.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow to marinate for at least and hour or two.
- Grill the steak for 8-10 minutes on each side, until medium-rare (or medium, if desired). Let the steak rest off the grill for 15-20 minutes.
- While the steak rests, make the corn relish. Cut the corn off of the roasted cobs with a knife.
- In a skillet, heat 3 Tbsp of olive oil. When it gets hot, add in the onion, zucchini, garlic, and jalepeno. Season with salt and black pepper. Stir through and cook for a few minutes.
- Add in the fresh tomato, stir through. Finally, add in the corn. Re-season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Total cook time should be about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, place in a bowl. Add in the chopped poblano peppers.
- After steak has rested, slice it into thin slices against the grain. Then further slice into bite-sized chunks.
- Fill taco shells with some steak, corn relish, and a dollop of creme fraiche and a pinch of cilantro.
Chef’s Note: To roast corn, toss in oil, season with salt and pepper, roast in a preheated 375 degree oven until slightly golden brown. Use the same technique to roast the poblano peppers.