Easy recipe to use summer squash with any white fish such as mahi-mahi, bass, flounder, halibut etc. Creates a terrific and simple dish and can be used with just about any fresh white fish.
White Fish with Summer Squash
- 1 strip lemon zest cut into thin slivers
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lg red onion chopped
- 8 oz zucchini cut into 1/2" chunks
- 8 oz yellow squash cut into 1/2" chunks
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 striped bass or other fish fillets 4-6 oz each, about 1" thick
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In 13" X 9" baking dish, combine lemon zest, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and onion, reserving 1 tablespoon. Spread in even layer. Roast until onion is tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Stir in zucchini, squash, and garlic. Return to oven and roast 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Increase oven temperature to 450°F. Push vegetables to one side and add fish. Spoon vegetables over fish.
- Return to oven and roast until fish is opaque in center, 8 to 10 minutes for thin fillets and 12 to 15 minutes for thicker fillets.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining tablespoon oil with vinegar, water, mint leaves, and remaining onion. Spoon over bass fillets and serve.