Here is a simple recipe for making Dijon Mustard. This is very inexpensive and makes more then you might think.
- 1 1/2 cups yellow mustard seeds
- 1-1/2 cups purified water
- 1-1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup dry white wine such as chennin blanc or chardonnay
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbs kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black or white pepper
- 1 tbs sugar (optional)
- In a Vitamix (or similar blender) add seeds, water, vinegar, let sit overnight or as long as a few days covered.
- Add remaining ingredients, blend for at least 1 minute.
- Refrigerate..will last for months….
If you fee lit’s too thick, just add more water or water /vinegar mixture. Adjust seasoning to your taste….more garlic maybe? more salt? more sugar? It’s your mustard…so make it taste the way you like. This is a basic starting point recipe.