I love making and eating crepes. This simple think batter is easy to make and can be made ahead of time making the production of crepes for large parties a snap. Here is the basic crepe bater I use.
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1 -1/4 tbs powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cups plus one tbs whole milk
- 3 tbs melted butter
- 1 tbs grape seed oil
- Add dry ingredients to a bowl, mix well.
- Beat eggs then add them to dry ingredients, whisk well to combine.
- Add milk in 3 additions whisking well to avoid lumps. Add butter oil, whisk in.
- Pour batter thru fine mesh strainer.
- Let stand minimum 2 hours before using, overnight is fine too, just let warm up before using.
Chef’s Note: Can be made in Vitamix or any good stand blender.