Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Recommended Beverage: Pinot Gris
Try this tasty low fat version of an American classic. We use lean ground turkey instead of the dried beef of more traditional recipes. Fresh herbs and a hearth baked bread make it irresistible.
2 lbs lean ground turkey
3 tbs olive oil
1 pint heavy cream
3 tbs worchestershire sauce
1 medium onion chopped
1 tsp fresh sage chopped
1 tsp fresh thyme chopped
1/4 cup Italian parsley chopped
1 tbs hot sauce
3 cloves garlic chopped
6 slices thick hearth baked bread
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pan heat olive oil to medium. Evenly brown the ground turkey.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft about 5 minutes.
3. Add white wine, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Allow to cook until reduced by 1/2.
4. Now add cream and reduce again by 1/2 . Season with hot sauce, sage, thyme and Italian parsley.
5. Toast bread and top with creamed turkey. Serve.