Create a delicious, seasonal chowder with fresh, roasted sweet corn any time of year. Also use up some extra zucchini is this soup too.
- 2 tbs pure olive oil
- 1/4 cup white onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup zucchini minced
- 1 whole chipotle pepper minced
- 1/4 cup local tomato minced
- 2 cups roasted sweet corn organic frozen corn works well
- 1 quart corn stock 6 corn cobs in 1 quart water simmered for 30 minutes
- 1 cup organic heavy cream
- 2 tbs fresh cilantro
- Toss 2 cups sweet corn kernels in 1 tsp grape seed oil, pinch of salt and pepper. Distribute the corn evenly on your Islandware sheet pan....roast at 425 for 15 minutes or until corn has a golden brown color, when done scrape it off the pan and use in the recipe.
- In a heavy dutch oven over medium heat add oil, onions and garlic, season with salt and pepper, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add minced chipotle pepper, tomatoes and zucchini and continue cooking for another minute or two, add roasted corn, stock and cream. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low, cover and let cook for about 20 minutes.
- Puree soup to your desired consistency using an immersion blender, blender or food processor being careful not to burn yourself.
- Chef's Note: The soup can be forced through a fine sieve such as a chinois to produce a very smooth texture, however I prefer chunky. In fact, you don't even need to puree it at all. Totally your choice.