1 lb jumbo shrimp wild caught peeled and deveined
1/2 cup lime juice about 3 limes
3 tbs fresh cilantro chopped
1/2 cup coconut milk organic
1 medium chipotle chili chopped
12 ounces cooked black beans
1 clove garlic chopped
1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
1. To prepare black beans: Drain and Rinse the beans. Saute them in a pot with olive oil & garlic until soft, then mash them. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. In a work bowl, add the juice of two limes to the shrimp, saving a little extra juice for the Coconut Fire Sauce. Add 2 tbsp of the chopped cilantro. Season liberally with salt and black pepper. Toss the shrimp until coated evenly. The shrimp can marinate (covered), up to an hour or more.
3. Grill the shrimp, butterfly-side down. Shrimp will grill in 3-5 minutes; turn only once.
4. While the shrimp grill, begin the fire sauce. Add the remaining cilantro (about 1 Tbsp) and the remaining lime juice to the coconut milk. Season with salt and black pepper. Add in the chipotle pepper — 1 whole pepper will make the sauce very hot, so adjust to 1/2 or 1/4 of the pepper for a milder sauce. Stir well to combine.
5. Serve shrimp on a plate with the mashed black beans and cover with the coconut fire sauce and a squeeze of lime. Garnish with lime and cilantro.