Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Recommended Beverage: Chardonnay
This old American dish can still put a smile on your face if you use good ingredients. A creamy white sauce with tender chicken breast and mushrooms spiked with wine and herbs…Now that sounds GOOD!
2 1/2 lbs chicken breast pounded 1/2 inch thick
1/4 cup olive oil
2 lbs mushrooms sliced
1 cup white wine
5 cloves garlic chopped
1 cup white onion chopped
A/P flour for dredging
3 cups bechamel
1 lbs spaghetti cooked
1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
3 tbs Italian parsley chopped
1. In a large sauté pan heat the oil over medium heat. Season the chicken and dredge lightly in the flour. Cook on each side until golden brown and remove. Set aside for latter.
2. In the same pan cook the onions and garlic for about two minutes just until they start to become transparent. Now add the mushrooms and continue to cook until the mushrooms begin to caramelize and the bottom of the pan begins to turn brown.
3. Now deglaze with the white wine and add the béchamel sauce and bring to a simmer.
4. Return the chicken to the simmering sauce and cook for an additional 5 minutes while stirring. Do not let the sauce burn on the bottom.
5. Add the spaghetti, Parmesan and parsley and cook through about 1-2 minutes.