Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Recommended Beverage: Chardonnay
This old world recipe is served all over with different names like Chicken Franchese or even Chicken Piccatta. What ever the name is, this dish will win your heart with it’s wonderful crisp texture and succulent taste. Served with a side of spinach pasta and you’ve got an easy dinner party meal.
2 lbs chicken breast pounded 1/2 inch
4 large eggs beaten
1 1/2 cups Romano cheese grated fine
2 tbs fresh basil chopped
2 tbs Italian parsley chopped
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup flour
1 clove garlic chopped
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
1. In a bowl combine eggs, wine, basil, parsley, garlic, flour and Romano cheese to make a thick batter.
2. Pound the chicken breasts to a uniform thickness about 1/4 inch, Season with pepper and dredge in flour.
3. In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, add olive oil.
4. Dip chicken in the batter and carefully place in the heated oil.
5. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes each side or until golden brown.
6. Place the chicken on a platter and serve with fresh lemon wedge.