Chicken Piccata is a simple recipe with chicken breasts in a delicate sauce of butter, parsley, lemon and capers.
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 1 zest of lemon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons light olive oil to cook with
- 1 pounds thin pounded chicken breast naturally raised
- 2/3 cups All Purpose flour for dredging
- 5 teaspoons your favorite spice blend
- 2/3 cups organic chicken stock
- 1/2 cups dry white wine such as Chablis
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and your favorite spice blend such as herbs de provence.
- Dust in flour, shake off excess.
- Heat oil in saute pan over medium heat, saute chicken breasts until starting to brown slightly. Remove and set aside to keep warm.
- Turn up the heat on the pan, deglaze with white wine, reduce by half. Add chicken stock, lemon juice, lemon zest and capers.
- Reduce mixture for a few minutes, turn off heat, throw in butter and parsley. Whisk in to slightly thicken the sauce, pour over cooked chicken