Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Recommended Beverage: Riesling
Chicken and artichokes go great together, the sour artichoke and the natural sweetness of chicken are easy flavors to pair. This dish gives you those taste sensations in many levels. Carrots, roasted peppers and garlic help to define the dish and make it worthy of a Sunday dinner.
2 lbs chicken breast pounded 1/2 inch
3 tbs olive oil
2 cups artichoke hearts quartered
2 medium carrots shredded
1/2 cup onion chopped
4 clove garlic chopped
1 cup flour seasoned w salt & pepper
1 cup roasted red pepper sliced
2 cups chicken broth
3 tbs fresh basil chopped
1/2 cup white wine
salt and pepper to taste
1. Pound the chicken to an even thickness, about 1/4 inch.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and dredge lightly in flour. Discard the flour.
3. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
4. Brown the chicken on both sides about 3-4 minutes on the first side or until golden brown. Then cook the chicken just 1-2 minutes on the second side. Remove it from the pan and allow it to rest covered.
5. In the same pan with the remaining olive oil sauté the garlic and onions for about 1 minute. Add the carrots, roasted peppers and artichokes and continue to cook for an additional 2-3 minutes
6. Deglaze with white wine and let it reduce to about half. Now add the broth and bring to a simmer then place the chicken back in the sauce and cook for 2 more minutes.
7. Season to taste add basil and serve.
Chef’s Notes: When sauteeing onions & garlic, be sure not to let the garlic brown or it might become bitter.[/private]