This simple recipe produces a legendary sandwich that is perfect for upcoming BBQ weekends. Tri tip is easily acquired and makes perfect sliced meat for this sandwich….the sauce, heck it takes 2 minutes flat…so make that too…..
On today’s episode of the Cuban Food series we discuss making a Cuban style Pork Roast, this is a very easy dish that produces magical results. Perfectly seasoned pork perfect for slicing and making a Cuban sandwich, which will be covered in an upcoming episode.…
Here is my amazing 2 onion burger jam. This stuff rocks, makes your burger experience simple amazing. It’s a combo of two types of sweet onions that are cooked low and slow until they caramelize, then some sugar is added along with fresh Thyme and cream….
Grilled chicken thighs with Thai Peanut Sauce is one of the most interesting and easy ethnic dishes to make. Perfect for entertaining, this sauce brings the WOW factor to simple foods like the skewered chicken, grilled fish or even tofu….
This is a simple green salsa recipe that brings the flavor of the grill or broiler to the dish. I make this salsa each summer and even water bath can it to store for the winter. This is fabulous on scrambled eggs or in burritos….
Easy and delicious vegetarian dish with the added protein punch of black beans. Great summer time burger replacement. Kids love this one too….
A delicious way to serve grilled chicken. This peanut sauce is awesome for chicken or tofu for vegetarians. The sauce is easy to make, healthy and you can freeze it for use in another recipe. …
Created By: Chef Keith Snow
- 2 sliced whole bell peppers
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 1 summer squash, sliced
- ¾ cups olive oil
- 2 tablespoons harvest eating house seasoning
- 1 handful fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 3 pieces portobello mushroom
- Place all veggies in a bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper and seasoning mix.
- Grill veggies on grill pan or on gas or charcoal grill until nice grill marks appear.
- Layer grilled veggies with cheese in a stack and stick a toothpick in it. Place in 350 degree oven to roast for 3 minutes.
This simple dish is a great way to use up abundant summertime vegetables. This detailed video, hosted by Chef Keith Snow, demonstrates how-to make this great summertime dish of bell peppers, zucchini and eggplant….
Created By: Chef Keith Snow
Chef Keith Snow demonstrates the proper way to make a perfect seared New York Strip Steak. These are topped with shoe-string sweet potatoes and a homemade steak sauce. Use any sauce you like, these steaks are delicious.
1 New York Strip Steak
2 tbs Pure Olive Oil
kosher salt to taste
black pepper to taste
1 tbs steak rub seasoning
1. Allow steaks to warm up to near room temperature.
2. Coat the steaks on each side with olive oil. Liberally season on each side with the steak rub seasoning (if you don’t have a seasoning like this, use salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne powder, onion powder).
3. Press the seasoning into the steaks with the tines of a fork.
4. Cook the steaks on a grill or cast iron grill top or pan until medium rare (135 degrees F), flipping only once. The seasonings should form a nice crust on each side.
5. Plate up the steaks as Chef Snow does in the video: on a bed of homemade steak sauce, topped with sweet potato pommes frites.
Created By: Keith’s Mother in law
This potato salad is my mother-in-law’s recipe, we call her Omi. This recipe is always the star of any party, picnic or meal it is a part of. Chef Keith Snow demonstrates how to make this German potato salad in this short video.
10 medium Red skin potatoes
1/4 cup Apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup Pure or light olive oil
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
1 bunch Fresh minced chives
1. Place the potatoes with skins on in a steamer. Steam until just fork tender. Over cooking at this step will cause you to start over. They can not be too soft.
2. After you determine the potatoes will yield slightly to the fork, turn off the stove and leave lid open a bit and allow to cool under steam source for 1 hour.
3. After the hour is up, peel the skins off and slice potatoes into 1/4 inch slices. some will break, that’s ok.
4. Place in a non-reactive bowl (ceramic is best) then add chives, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Toss well.
5. Let marinade, tossing every 30 minutes at room temperature for 1 hour. (longer if you have time) Enjoy.
Chef’s Note: Omi uses a spice mix called Aromat, by Knorr, it comes in a little yellow spice container. It does add a special flavor but contains MSG so I prefer to omit it. She also uses corn oil in the recipe but I replace with light olive oil.