Created By: Chef Keith Snow
This tasty dish combines the best of winter’s vegetables with some immunity-boosting onion and garlic.
1 medium butternut squash
2 clove garlic
1 small onion
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
3 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
2. On a rimmed cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil, place squash with the rind facing up.
3. Bake for 45-60 minutes, until very soft. Let cool for 5 minutes and scoop out the insides, being careful not to include the outer skin.
4. Place the squash in a casserole dish. Saute garlic and onion in the olive oil, and mix into the squash. Stir in bread crumbs, pepper and salt.
5. Sprinkle cheese on top and cover the dish with foil or a lid.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes (or longer if ingredients have cooled).