This is very easy to make yet quite delicious. Brussels sprouts are shaved then sauteed with onion and garlic, cooked with chicken stock and enriched with heavy cream with a touch of sugar.
Brussels Sprouts w Herbs, Cream and Spices
- 4 sticks butter
- 1/2 c minced shallot or onion
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 14 ounces brussels sprouts shaved
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- pinch pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp rubbed sage or 1 sage leaf minced finely
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- salt and black pepper to taste
- In a heavy bottomed pot over medium high heat add butter, then onion and garlic, saute for 10 minutes.
- Add brussels sprouts then season lightly with salt and pepper, cook stirring often for 5 minutes.
- Add stock, cover and cook 5 minutes, remove cover then allow stock to evaporate by 75%
- Add cream, spices and sage, stir and reduce cream by roughly half.
- Adjust seasoning, enjoy.