Here is s a simple BBQ sauce recipe I make whenever I need some….lest I’d have to by that crap in the store. There are some brands out there that use real ingredients….but they are few and far between.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 cup finely minced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup minced green belle pepper
- 1 tbs kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup coconut palm or light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp natural liquid smoke
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 2 cups organic ketchup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- In a sauce pot set over medium high heat add oil and butter
- Add onion, garlic and bell pepper, cook for 15 minutes stirring often until very soft
- Add tomato paste, cook for two minutes
- Add ketchup, sugar, liquid smoke, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 15 minutes then allow to cool to room temp before refrigerating.
CHef’s Note: Should last a few weeks in the chill chest.