Super easy cake full-flavored with the wonderful seductive aroma of apple butter with it’s sultry spices and richness. This is a great gift for any holiday party….this is NOT a mail order spice cake…..!
Apple Butter Spiced Cake
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup apple butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tbs grape seed oil or even lard
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 farm-fresh large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons AP flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice buy at any grocery
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8-inch square loaf/cake pan with butter or coconut oil.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat stir the butter until it turns a light brown, Do not burn!
- Dump butter into a large work bowl. Add your apple butter, brown sugar, grape seed oil and whisk until well combined. Add raisins, sour cream, egg and vanilla; mix well. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pie spices and salt; mix until just combined.
- Transfer the batter to the greased loaf pan and bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool for before serving.
- Freezes well....perfect for a gift at holiday time!