I thought it would be useful to create a resources page that shows you what products I use and recommend. Whether it be food or kitchen equipment or household equipment these products are the best I could find. I use or own these items and highly recommend each of them.DISCLAIMER:
PLease note that some of the links here are affiliate links and I might earn a small commission if you purchase something. Other links are to products in the Harvest Eating Store and if you buy any I will make a profit too.
- Thoughtful Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil– this is the best olive oil you will find period. Having tasted hundreds of oils throughout the years I finally was satisfied when I found this single estate oil. you can rest assured that my oil is 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil, there IS NO filler oil like canola, soybean, or nut oils like most big brands you’ll find in the supermarket.
- Harvest Eating Organic Spice Seasonings-these spices were developed to help you become a better cook. I tested over 35 brands of spices before deciding to offer my own blends because nothing I found was very fresh or had any flavor. Each time I made something I was totally blown away with the results and KNEW I had to share it with you.
- Thoughtful Harvest Pasta Sauces-I created these sauces because I don’t like most store bought sauces and the vast majority use IMPORTED INGREDIENTS such as garlic from China, oil from Tunisia, herbs from South America, onions from Peru etc. There is no reason other then price to use foreign ingredients when better products can be found in the US from small to medium sized suppliers. While it was not easy to source these ingredients and to arrange for transportation to the facility where I make these sauces but I feel it’s worth it. The cost of gourmet sauces is anywhere from $6-$12 per bottle yet mine are priced at an affordable $7.99 per bottle. And you can feel good that your money is supporting small to medium sized American companies, not some Chinese wholesaler.
- Boos Blocks-John Boos and company make excellent cutting boards that will last many, many years with proper care. Hardwood produced the best knife to board feel that enhances your knife skills. I highly recommend these boards.
- Epicurean Cutting Surfaces-these boards are make of compressed paper but they are dishwasher safe, non staining (even beets wont stain them) they re lighter then most boards and they feel pretty good when you’re cutting…not as good as solid wood, but a close second. For women, these boards are highly recommended because big heavy cutting boards are not easy to maneuver of clean.
- Cutco Knives-I have used every major brand of knife made. In my position here at Harvest Eating companies send me knives frequently so the public can see me use them on air. After trying many, I found Cutco and my search is over. I exclusively use Cutco and have for over 2 years now. These knives are not inexpensive like any good knife, but they are warranted for life and come with free sharpening for life too. Plus they are 100% made in America. These are great knives.
- Anolon Cookware -With cookware being such a HUGE market it’s hard to choose a good brand that is affordable and will provide the type of performance you’d expect. I like French copper pots and pans but they are simply out of reach for most folks. A great investment that will last a lifetime, but $400 for one pot is somewhat ridiculous. Anolon makes very high quality pots, pans and tools and they are priced within most people reach. I use these pots and pans in my videos on both the web and on TV. These pans give the same results chefs attain with expensive restaurant equipment.