So here is my cilantro lettuce salad w roasted cashews, crispy wontons and rice wine vinegar…
so easy to make so delicious, so refreshing, so amazing. Don’t be afraid of the much maligned iceberg lettuce, sure it’s great with a burger, but even better as the star of the show here in this recipe.
There cannot be a better summertime recipe then this. The amount of refreshment this salad brings cannot be described with words alone, but please take note….this HAS TO BE SERVED COLD…IN A COLD BOWL…do not be a clown and serve it in a warm bowl!
I must give credit to my big sis, the BIRD who first showed mea verison of this dish. Happy to pass it along..
387-Cilantro Lettuce Salad w Roasted Cashews
- 1 head iceberg lettuce shredded finely
- 1 large triple washed bunch cilantro minced
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar Marukan or Nakano brands
- 2 cups fried wonton strips
- 1 cup roasted and salted cashew pieces
- 1 cup clean mung bean sprouts
- In a large work bowl add lettuce and cilantro, toss well with clean hands, add cilantro, continue mixxing.
- Drizzle seasoned rice vinegar all over the salad, toss with hands to well combined and flavorful, taste it.
- Toss mung beans and cashews on top along with fried wontons, serve COLD.