Here is a simple recipe that produces amazing results. Takes less then 30 minutes start to finish. It comes with a jazzy lemon sauce that is bright yet rich…a show stopper!
I strongly prefer chicken thighs for this one, chicken breasts are, well….dry! Stick to the thighs but also note that I prefer boneless skinless thighs.
Potato Crusted Lemon Chicken, bacon, shallots, basil
- 8 chicken thighs
- 4 tbs potato flakes
- 2 tbs ghee
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 1 tbs butter
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 shallot sliced
- 3 slices bacon diced
- juice of one lemon
- zest of one lemon
- handful washed basil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- lay thighs out has sprinkle them w salt has potato flakes.
- In a heavy bottom skillet or dutch oven over medium heat, (something nonstick is nice) slowly brown the chicken unit lit’s crisp, flip, brown the other side and transfer to a plate.
- Add butter to pan, shallots, bacon and garlic, cook 4-5 minutes or until bacon is cooked.
- Add lemon juice, zest and chicken broth, bring to boil, reduce by half (add 1 tsp potato flakes to thicken) then add basil.
- Pour lemon sauce over chicken….live large!!