On this episode I discuss on of my favorite all-time soups, Parisian Potage or Leek & Potato soup. So easy, so few ingredients yet so incredibly tasty.
You will love this soup, perfect or cooler fall temperature.
357-Leek & Potato Soup-Parisian Potage-Video
- 2 large leeks root end removes, most of green part removed, halved and sliced (WASHED)
- 4 tbs sherry wine
- 3 large russet potatoes peeled and cut into half moon shapes
- 1/8 cup evoo
- 1/2 gallon rich homemade chicken stock
- 1 tbs minced fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup organic heavy cream
- In a heavy duty enameled stock pot over medium hight heat add olive oil, then leeks, salt and pepper, cook stirring often 25 minutes or until they are starting to caramelize.
- Deglaze with sherry, add stock, cover and lower heat to simmer. Cook for 35 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning, serve or add cream, and puree. Serve with snipped fresh chives if using the creamed pureed version.