Today I decided to talk about an old school culinary favorite; caramelized onions. So very versatile and delicious caramelized onions are a wonderful addition to many other dishes.
The classic French Onion Soup features these sweet lovingly cooked onions paired with beef stock, herbs etc. I recommend cooking a large batch of these then using them in other dishes. Excess onion can be frozen.
Here are a fee service suggestion for your caramelized onions:
- Pasta with caramelized onions, greek yogurt and fresh chives
- Pita wrap with caramelized onions, fresh chevre, fig jam and roasted turkey
- Top a grilled cheeseburger with caramelized onions and cheese
- Spaghetti with crushed tomatoes, caramelized onions, bacon and Parmesan cheese
- Mushroom Risotto with caramelized onions
- Lastly…French Onion Soup
Resources For Today’s show:
Support the show by becoming a Member
I Use These Highly Recommended Products
Visit The Harvest Eating store
Leave A Review or Subscribe In iTunes
Visit Harvest Eating On Facebook
As always, your support of Harvest Eating is greatly appreciated…!
Remember to comment and tell us your thoughts, your feedback is welcomed. Also remember you can send in your questions and comments by email and your question might be the subject of an upcoming episode.