This cheesecake, like others, is very easy to make and contains no added sugar. It has a slight sweetness derived from the stevia and it has a delightful almond crust with a hint of cinnamon. You should notice a beautiful “yellowish” glow that comes from the use of farm-fresh eggs…they make a big difference in appearance and taste.
The cheesecake has very few carbs, it is safe for ketogenic dieters too. It has less then 4 net carbs per slice…so it WONT spike your insulin like a regular over the top sweet tasting cheesecake. Lets get on to the recipe….
Lo Carb Cheesecake-Super Yum No Sugar Added !
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbs powdered stevia
- 3 8 ounce packages cream cheese-full fat room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 farm-fresh eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup powdered stevia sweetener I use Puresweet
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Strawberries or other fresh berries for garnish
- Unsweetened whip cream....YUM
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place almond flour, shredded coconut, butter, 2 tbs stevia and cinnamon in bowl, mix well then press into the bottom of a non stick spring form pan. I like to cover mine with parchment first and spray the bottom and sides with a natural cooking spray.
- Bake crust for 15 minutes, then remove from oven.
- While crust is baking place room temp cream cheese in the bowl of stand mixer or in the food processor. Whip the cream cheese until it is very smooth. Add the vanilla, salt, heavy cream and sour cream, continue whisking it up until incorporated. Add eggs one by one until the mixture is very smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared spring form pan that has been surrounded with heavy duty tin foil 3/4 of the way up the sides of the spring form pan. To keep water out....see next step
- Place spring form pan into a large skillet, then add water but not over the top of the foil that surrounds spring form pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, turn off oven, run a knife around the sides of the pan freeing the cheesecake from the sides of the pan. Leave oven door slightly open and allow cheese cake to cool in the oven for 60 minutes.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before eating.
- Garnish with whipped cream and strawberries..