These ice pops, featuring toasted coconut, coconut milk, cocoa powder, either maple syrup or coconut palm sugar and optional sea salt.
- 1 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup 100% cacao, cocoa powder
- 1/4 maple syrup or 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp Maldon sea salt or similar (optional)
- Add coconut milk, cocoa powder to sauce pot, bring to simmer, whisk well to combine
- Add vanilla, syrup or sugar, coconut flakes and salt if using, whisk well to be sure syrup or sugar is well combined
- PLace sauce pot in sink with ice water….when cool, transfer to refrigerator to cool down to at least 40 degrees
- Pour into ice pop molds, freeze for at least 12 hours for best results.
Chef’s Note: Can be made into ice cream too….also makes AMAZING base for a milk shake…add 1 cup of this mixture to blender with 2 cups vanilla ice cream, 1 ripe banana, blend and enjoy!!