This recipe is super easy and has a very complex flavor and texture. The Greek yogurt is scented with nutmeg and sage and the frying pan the onions are caramelized in is deglazed with Spanish sherry.
This gives a depth of flavor that is not possible with cheap cooking wine. This simple fall pasta recipe is perfect for cooler months ahead.
- 4 tbs pure olive oil or grape seed oil
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbs Spanish sherry
- 1 tbs salted butter
- 1 lb Tagliatelle pasta nests or similar
- 1-1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt, full fat
- 1/8 tsp fresh nutmeg
- 1 tbs maled milk powder ( find near chocolate milk in supermarket)
- 1/4 tsp dry sage
- 3 tbs sliced fresh sage
- grated parmesan or Romano cheese for garnish
- Slice onions, place in hot skillet with half of the oil, season with salt and pepper, fry until golden brown, deglaze pan with sherry, add butter and dry time and set aside.
- Boil pasta, drain, set aside.
- In same pot pasta was cooked in add remaining oil, greek yogurt and start to heat the yogurt up.
- Add nutmeg, 3 tbs of the cooked onions, malted milk powder and 2 tbs fresh sage.
- Turn off heat, add pasta, season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Plate the pasta up, garnish with remanning sage and cheese.