Here is a very simple classic tasting salsa verde. This salsa is good on so many things such as scrambled eggs, nachos, burritos, grilled fish or chicken etc.
Video-Salsa Verde A Simple Green Salsa
Recipe Type: sauce
- 2 lbs peeled halved tomatillos
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 5 garlic cloves
- handful washed cilantro
- 1 serrano pepper (or use any hot pepper)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- juice of 1/2 lime
- In a sauce pot add all ingredients except lime juice and cumin. Brin to boil, cook for 15 minutes or until tender and starting to get soft.
- Blitz in food processor or blender, add lime juice cumin. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed. Keeps 1 week in fridge or can be frozen.