Here is one of the most delicious, no knead breads enjoyed at the Snow Family Homestead. We go thru 4-5 of these per month…
plus other breads like my pullman loaf..see that recipe here. This bread is simple but does require a banneton, which is a bamboo bread proofing basket, they are under $15 and can be found here.
- 13 oz bread flour
- 4 oz whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp yeast
- 12 oz warm water
- In a large bowl add all ingredients….mix for 2 minutes using a wooden spoon or danish hook or your hands. Be sure no flour remains on the bottom or sides.
- Cover and let ferment in warm place for 12-20 hours. Longer ferments are more “old world” in flavor, more sour and bubbly. Also more sticky and wet feeling.
- Turn out dough on your bench, fold over as per video into a ball with a tight skin on one side.
- Place into floured banneton, cover and let rise for 90 minutes.
- After 75 minutes preheat oven to 450
- Once oven is hot, in one quick motion invert the banneton onto a baking stone or sheet pan, bake for 50 minutes. Allow bread to cool BEFORE slicing.