In this simple fall recipe I stuff GIANT Gala apples with simple pantry friendly mixture of oats, spices, raisins and nuts. It’s moistened with light cream and baked for 35 minutes to make it just tender.
This dish is perfect for apple season, and for those with a complete pantry…no problem to whip this up.
- 2 extra large gala apples, topped, cored
- 4 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 tbs real maple syrup
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup light or heavy cream
- preheat oven to 350
- In work bowl cream butter and brown sugar until well combined…don’t skip this step!
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except cream) one by on and mix well.
- Stuff mixture into apples but do not overstuff.
- Slowly drizzle in the cream, place apple in foil lined baking dish and bake for 35 minutes. Allow ot cool to room temp. before enjoying.
- Chef’s Note: Any firm apple variety will work.