Burritos are a great quick dinner and making them with lean ground turkey gives you the advantage of being low fat. Topped with your choice of salsa and condiments these burritos will soon become a family favorite.
2 lbs lean ground turkey
3 tbs olive oil
1 cup white onions chopped
4 cloves garlic chopped
1 tbs cumin
1 tbs coriander
1 tbs crushed red pepper
2 tbs paprika
3 tbs tomato paste
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 cups shredded cheddar
4 tbs cilantro chopped
8 10 inch tortillas
1 recipe green chili sauce
1. In a large pan warm the olive oil over medium heat. Brown the ground turkey until uniform in color, about 5 minutes
2. Add onion, garlic and dry spices until onions and garlic have softened, about 5 additional minutes.
3. Add tomato paste and chicken stock. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring to incorporate. Set aside.
4. Place equal amount of ground turkey mixture in the center of each tortilla. Top that with grated cheddar and chopped cilantro.
5. Fold each burrito. Place burritos on baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, top with green chili sauce and serve with your choice of sides