Created By: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 43 minutes
This is a tasty, lemon and sage turkey fillet recipe that also includes Dijon mustard, cayenne and olive oil in the marinade. Turkey breast recipes are great way to include poultry into your diet anytime of year.
4 turkey breast fillets, about 1/4 lb. each
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp. cayenne, or to taste
2/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup dried sage, crumbled
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Place turkey between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound lightly with a mallet or other heavy flat object to flatten to 1/4 inch.
2. Combine next 4 ingredients and salt to taste in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake vigorously until emulsified and stir in sage.
3. Place turkey in a glass dish and cover with mustard mixture. Cover dish and marinate 25 minutes. Remove turkey and pat dry. Discard marinade.
4. Heat a heavy nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
5. Sauté turkey 3 minutes per side or until just cooked throughout.
6. Serve with lemon wedges.
Works well with chicken also. Substitute herbs for a different flavor, thyme and basil work well.[/private]