Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hr 15 minutes
Recommended Beverage: Pinot Noir
Bring meatloaf to a new level and have your family asking for more of it. Tastes wonderful but uses lean ground turkey as the base. Using fresh herbs and freshly ground spices is the trick. Only you need know that it’s good for you.!
2 lbs lean ground turkey
1 medium onion chopped
2 clove garlic chopped
2 tbs Worchestershire sauce
2 tbs olive oil
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 tbs black pepper fresh ground
1 tsp fresh thyme chopped
1 tsp fresh sage chopped
1/4 cup milk
6 slices white bread crusts removed
1 tbs salt
1 tsp ground fennel seed
2 large eggs
3/4 cup ketchup
1. In a pan combine olive oil, onions and garlic and cook over medium heat until soft.
2. Add Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock, spices and tomato paste.
3. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes over medium heat or until thickened. Set aside to cool.
4. In a small bowl combine milk, eggs and bread. Stir into a thick paste.
5. Now, in a large bowl combine ground turkey, egg / milk mixture and tomato paste / spice mixture. Mix well.
6. Form ground meat mixture into a rectangular shape about 9 inches in length.
7. Top with ketchup.
8. Place in a bread loaf pan and bake on a sheet pan in a 350 degree preheated oven for about 1 hour.
9. Check the temperature using a meat thermometer. Thermometer should read 160 degrees.