[private]Created By: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour..or more if you’re slow at cutting up vegetables
On of my favorite turkey stuffing recipes (stuffing is what we say in the north east) or dressing, what us southerners say. Either way, it rocks!
Turkey Stuffing Recipe
1 cup chopped green onions
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
1 recipe of Jiffy cornbread mix or about 12 oz of your favorite recipe of cornbread
1 1/2 cups (about) chicken broth or a boxed type like Pacific-or make your own!
1. Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add all sausages and cook until brown and cooked through, breaking up bulk sausage with back of fork, about 5 minutes.
3. Add onions, celery and red bell peppers.
4. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes.
5. Stir in green onions, thyme, hot pepper sauce and sage.
6. Transfer sausage mixture to large bowl. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
7. Stir stuffing mix into sausage mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Bake turkey stuffing in baking dish: Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously butter 15x10x2-inch, 13x9x2-inch or 8-inch square glass or ceramic baking dish, using size called for in recipe.
9. Add enough broth to stuffing to moisten (about 3/4 cup to 1 1/2 cups.)
10. Transfer turkey stuffing to prepared dish.
11. Cover with buttered foil, buttered side down; bake until heated through, about 30 minutes.
12. Uncover and bake until top is crisp and golden, about 20 minutes longer.[/private]