[private]Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Recommended Beverage: Rioja
Chef’s Notes: Steps 1 thru 6 can be done 24 to 48 hours in advance.
Pork chops are very susceptible to taking on other flavors and the flavors of spinach and Pancetta can’t be beat. Served with some simple stewed white beans and viola.
4 10 ounce pork chop
1/4 lb pancetta diced
1 cup dried breadcrumbs
1 medium onion diced
4 cloves garlic chopped
1/4 cup white wine
3 ounces butter
1 1/2 lbs spinach rough chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the diced Pancetta in a large pan over medium heat until crispy, this might take 15 minutes.
2. Drain the fat from the Pancetta and add the butter. Add the onions and garlic and continue to cook until they are translucent.
3. Add the spinach and cook until the pan is dry and starting to brown on the bottom. Deglaze the pan with white wine scraping the entire bit from the bottom and reduce the wine by 1/2.
4. Mix in the breadcrumbs and set aside to cool.
5. Using a pairing knife, make an incision in the pork chops making a pocket that will fit as much of the spinach mixture as possible.
6. At this point you are ready to cook the chops. Bake them in a 375-degree preheated oven for about 20-30 minutes depending on the thickness.