Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
Recommended Beverage: Meursault
This recipe highlights Local fresh wild caught shrimp. The sweet shrimp paired with the spicy Anaheim chili is a natural and adding the cheese and frying it crispy golden brown, well it’s just irresistible. So try this one today.
6 large Anaheim chilis roasted and peeled
2 lbs shrimp peeled and deveined
2 cups Monterey Jack cheese shredded
1 lime zezt
1/4 cup cilantro chopped
1/4 cup green onions chopped
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs garlic chopped
1/4 cup white wine
2 cups corn chips crushed
1 recipe beer batter
pure olive oil for frying
1. In a large sauté pan heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Cook the garlic for a minute or so while stirring. Add the shrimp and green onions and cook until the shrimp curl and turn pink, about 3-4 minutes. Add the wine and let it reduce for a minute. Remove from the heat and chop the shrimp into bite size pieces.
2. In a large bowl combine the shrimp, Jack cheese, cilantro and lime zest. Mix well to form one large “dough like” ball.
3. Stuff the chilies with the cheese mixture and refrigerate for least 1 hour.
4. After 1 hour dip the chilies into the beer batter and then the corn chips. Gently squeeze the chili to ensure that the chips adhere. These should be refrigerated again for 30 minutes.
5. Fry the chilies in 375-degree oil until brown and crispy, then serve.
Chef’s Notes: If fresh local shrimp isn’t available be sure to use frozen wild caught shrimp, they taste much better.[/private]