Breakfast sausage patties are easy to make and much better when done yourself. Learn how to make your own in less than 10 minutes and then you control what is in it, store bought sausage contains lots of “stuff”….
[private]Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Recommended Beverage: Pinot Noir
I love this dish for a nice dinner party or a treat for the family. I make the sausage using good naturally raised pork and for the chicken, always free-range. Serve it up how ever you like with a side of grilled asparagus or maybe brussels sprouts. whichever way this will become a favorite of yours.
1 cup savory pork sausage
3 tbs olive oil
1 cup spinach chopped
1/4 cup roasted red peppers chopped
2 tbs white wine
8 tbs Parmesan cheese grated
1 tbs Northern Italian Seasoning
3/4 cup Pinot Noir
2 tbs butter
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat and cook the sausage, spinach and roasted pepper until the sausage is browned. Break up the sausage into small pieces and then deglaze with the white wine.
2. Pound the chicken until very thin about 1/4 inch thick.
3. Lay chicken on a flat work surface and season them lightly. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese onto the chicken and then top with 2 tbs of the sausage filling.
4. Roll the chicken around the filling and place them in an oiled oven proof pan with the seam side down.
5. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 20-25 minutes. Check the internal temperature it should read 160-degrees.
6. Remove the chicken from the pan and place the pan on a burner over medium heat. Deglaze the pan with the Pinot Noir and while scraping the bottom of the pan, reduce the wine until it starts to thicken slightly.
7. Whisk in the butter to the red wine and cook for another minute.
8. Slice the chicken and serve with the red wine sauce.[/private]