[private]Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Grinding your own meat and making your own sausage is very rewarding. Try this sausage on some homemade pizza and for breakfast with some pancakes..YUM!
5 lbs pork butt or shoulder cut in cubs and chilled
1 cup ice
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tbs kosher salt
3 tbs lite brown sugar
3 tbs fennel seeds
2 tsp coriander seeds
2 tbs paprika
1 tbs dried oregano
3 tbs crushed red pepper
1 tbs black peppercorns
1. Toast the spices in a dry pan over medium heat until a whisp of smoke appears.
2. Grind the meat through a meat grinder using a medium die plate.
3. grind the ice through the machine.
4. add spices and vinegar to the ground meat and mix well to incorporate.
5. Refrigerate, form into patties or stuff casings.[/private]