This recipe is super easy and has a very complex flavor and texture. The Greek yogurt is scented with nutmeg and sage and the frying pan the onions are caramelized in is deglazed with Spanish sherry. …
This baked pasta dish is a great comfort food to share with your family it has homemade tomato sauce and three different yummy cheeses.
Bolognese sauce is a classic Italian recipe for meat sauce. Generally, it contains 3 types of ground meat; beef, veal, and pork. Sometimes the cook will substitute other meats such as wild boar, deer or other game meats….
A very easy and tasty shrimp recipe. The addition of healthy spinach and olives makes this recipe even better….
This seasonal homemade pasta dish with spring peas, wild mushrooms and ricotta cheese is the perfect dish for spring. The whole wheat pasta retains it texture to produce a very al dente fresh pasta dish….
[private]Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Recommended Beverage: Sauvignon Blanc.
This recipe can be made for any occasion and you can substitute what ever seafood is freshest. The creamy filling and the smoky sauce are a great pairing with a crisp South American white wine like Sauvignon Blanc.
1 lbs shrimp peeled and deviened
1 lb blue crab shells removed
1 lb salmon
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs garlic chopped
2 tbs shallot chopped
1 cup white wine
2 cups heavy cream
2 tbs fresh dill chopped
1 recipe spinach pasta
1 recipe smoked tomato cream
salt and pepper to taste
1. Clean and devein the shrimp and cut into small piece, about 4 pieces per shrimp.
2. Cut salmon into small pieces.
3. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp and salmon and saute for about 3 minutes.
4. Add crab to the seafood mix and remove the mix from the pan. In the same pan add garlic and shallots. Cook on low heat for about 3 minutes. Add wine and reduce by 1/2.
5. Add cream and reduce by 1/2 again or until thick enough to coat a spoon.
6. Add dill and mix with seafood and let cool. Season to taste.
7. To assemble; roll three tablespoons of the filling in 4×4 inch squares of spinach pasta and brush with olive oil. Place the rolled pasta in a stove top steamer and steam them for 10 minutes. (optionally add bay leaf and whole allspice to the steaming water)
8. Place the pasta rolls in a baking dish. Spoon sauce over the top of the pasta.
9. Bake covered in a preheated 450 degree oven for 15 minutes.
Chef’s Notes: A pre-made pasta can be substituted as well as your favorite sauce.[/private]
Did you think pesto was just basil and pine nuts? Learn how to make this unique pasta dish with roasted cauliflower and kale pesto. A very unconventional dish for certain….