Simple appetizer that uses delicious Phillips Jumbo Lump Crab meat. Seasonal tomatoes are the perfect nesting spot for this crab meat and some tangy Gruyere’ cheese….
Created By: Chef Keith Snow
This simple and delicious appetizer is a breeze to make and is a hit at most parties. Perfect when the tomatoes and basil are abundant. In this short video Chef Keith Snow demonstrates how-to make tomato basil bruschetta.
5 pieces slices of Ciabatta bread
3 whole fresh tomatoes
2 pieces garlic cloves
1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cups Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
1 bunch fresh basil cut into chiffonade or ribbons
1. Toast or grill ciabatta bread until it starts to brown slightly.
2. Rub garlic cloves all over each piece of bread, garlic will break down because the bread surface is abrasive.
3. Cut tomatoes in half, squeeze out as many seeds and liquid as possible. Then smear them all over bread to get the tomato meat on the bread.
4. Add salt and pepper, then basil chiffonade.
5. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and add cheese.