Created By: Chef Keith Snow
Learn how to make this simple soup with leeks & Yukon Gold potatoes. Short cooking video teaches you the method. Leeks are a wonderful vegetable to cook with.
2 bunches of leeks, last 6″ of green cut off
2 large Yukon Gold potatoes (or russets)
2 cloves of garlic
6 cups chicken broth
3/4 cups organic heavy cream
1 pinch salt
1 pinch black pepper
1. In a large heavy bottomed pot or dutch oven, saute cut leeks, season with salt & pepper.
2. Add whole potatoes, stock and simmer for 25 minutes.
3. Puree with a stick blender or food processor. (Be careful)
4. Adjust seasoning and cream the soup.
Chef’s Note: To jazz it up add a dollop of Creme Fraiche and some crispy fried leeks! Also, leeks are always very dirty. Cut off top 6″ on green part then discard. Cut of root end then split down the middle. Carefully wash in cold water being certain to get in between the layers where the dirt hides.[/private]
[private]Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Learn a quick and easy sauce that goes perfect with fish, chicken or beef. Is so versatile and you could add your favorite blue cheese, cognac or whole grain mustard to make it yours.
3 medium leeks julienned whites only
1 tbs olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup white wine
1 pint heavy wipping cream
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium sized sauce pan over medium heat. Cook the leeks until soft.
2. Deglaze with white wine and season with salt and pepper.
3. Reduce wine by 2/3 and add heavy whipping cream. Reduce heat to a simmer.
4. Cook until thickened until it coats the back of a spoon. Strain and serve.