On today’s show I provide instructions so you can make a terrific summertime dish; rosemary & garlic marinated chicken with a berry coulis. …
Learn how to make a delicious chicken mousse appetizer from poached chicken and mushrooms. Perfect for a rustic dinner party.
- 4 medium Poached Chicken Thighs, cooled
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 medium Ciabatta Loaf, sliced and toasted
- 2 cups Wild Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium Shallot, chopped
- 1 handful Thyme, chopped
- ½ cup Dry White Wine
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Create Mushroom Duxelles:
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium-low heat.
- Add mushrooms and stir through.
- Add shallot and thyme. Saute for 5 minutes, until the mushrooms are cooked down.
- Deglaze with white wine and scrape up any flavorful bits from the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat.
- Place chicken thighs, mushroom duxelles, liquid smoke, and salt & pepper into a food processor. Process until broken down into a fine paste.
- Add about ¼ Cup of the cream to the mixture and process. Drizzle more cream through the top of the processor as it mixes. Mix until it reaches a mousse-like consistency-- light but will firmly stand on a spoon.
- Spread onto ciabatta bread. Garnish with fresh thyme and serve.
Chef’s Note: Chicken breasts can be substituted if dark meat is not your best. I personally would not make it with white meat.
A delicious way to serve grilled chicken. This peanut sauce is awesome for chicken or tofu for vegetarians. The sauce is easy to make, healthy and you can freeze it for use in another recipe. …
Created By: Chef Keith Snow
Tangy yogurt buttermilk marinade with curry powder, coriander, cilantro, lime juice and plain yogurt.
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tbs ground coriander
1 tbs curry powder
1/2 cup plain yogurt
3 tbs chopped cilantro, stems included
2 tbs freshly squeezed lime juice
pinch kosher salt
5-6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs *naturally raised*
1. Add all marinade ingredients, mix well.
2. Add chicken, marinade for at least 30 minutes… A couple of hours is better.
3. Grill on medium heat on a clean, oiled grill until done.
4. Serve with rice beans or anything you feel like…