Chicken Piccata is a simple recipe with chicken breasts in a delicate sauce of butter, parsley, lemon and capers….
Chef’s Note: The tarragon in this chicken salad really makes the difference. If you are looking to cut calories you might consider using plain yogurt instead.
- 5 cups cooked, cooled and shredded chicken breast
- ¼ cup creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced tarragon
- 2 tablespoon celery, minced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 2 thin whole wheat bread slices
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Place roughly ½ cup of the chicken salad on the bread, cut in half and serve.
This easy and delicious chicken with apple cider, Dijon mustard sauce uses simple pan sauce technique but is super easy to make. Creamy sauce really jazzes up the pan sauteed chicken. PErfect for cooler fall months where fresh cider can be had locally….
Created By: Chef Keith Snow
Easy to make healthy Mexican inspired dish. Kids love it too!
6 oz white mushrooms, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 whole wheat tortillas (12″ diameter)
4 oz cooked chicken breast, sliced
1/4 red onion, chopped
Lime wedges (garnish)
1 jarred roasted red pepper packed in water, sliced
1/2 c shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
1/2 c salsa
3/4 avocado, sliced and sprinkled with lime juice
1. In small nonstick skillet, sauté mushrooms and garlic over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
2. Heat sandwich press or waffle iron 5 minutes and spritz with cooking spray.
3. Divide mushroom mixture onto half of each tortilla. Layer on chicken, onion, pepper, and cheese, and fold over tortilla. Place on press or iron and close top.
4. When quesadilla is warmed through and cheese is melted, 5 to 7 minutes, remove from heat. Serve hot, with salsa, avocado, and lime wedges on the side.[/private]
Makes 2 Sandwiches
Cooking Time: 14 minutes
Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Easy and delicious chicken stir fry with fresh asparagus. Seasonal asparagus adds crunch and color
2 tsp reduced-sodium Kikkoman soy sauce
1 tsp honey
2 tsp sesame oil
1 lg bunch asparagus (about 1¾ lb), trimmed and cut on diagonal into 1″ pieces
1 clove garlic, minced, or 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
2½ c sliced cooked chicken breast
1 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
1. Combine soy sauce and honey in small bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and garlic. Cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Toss in chicken and soy sauce-honey mixture. Heat thoroughly, remove from pan with tongs, and serve with steamed brown rice or whole wheat couscous.
4. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
Makes 4 Servings:
Created By: Chef Keith Snow
This is a healthy, very light and tasty chicken salad. It is very easy to make (15 minutes) and most people love the flavors.
[private Monthly Premium Member|Annual Premium Member|Lifetime]
4 cups shredded lettuce- romaine, iceberg, or a mix of both
1 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup Marukan rice wine vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
1 cup poached, cooled shredded chicken breast
1/2 cup salted whole cashews
Place all ingredients in a bowl, mix well. Serve in cold salad bowls.
Chef’s Note: Make sure all ingredients are cold, this is a cooling salad and tastes much more refreshing with crisp lettuce and cold chicken.
[private]Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Recommended Beverage: Chianti
This is a simple dish that packs huge flavors and is so easy to make. Making a chunky tomato sauce to go on top of this yourself is the key. Do not use a cheap store-bought sauce.
2 tbs Greek seasoning Aromatica brand
2 6 ounce chicken breast boneless/skinless
1 28 ounce can San Marzano tomatoes
1/2 cup extra vigin olive oil
1/2 medium shallot chopped
4 cloves garlic chopped
1/2 tsp rosemary chopped
1 tsp oregano chopped
1 tsp thyme chopped
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 cup Asiago cheese shredded
1. Season the chicken breast with the Greek spice and place in a 350-degree oven for 20 minutes. (when done leave the oven on)
2. In a medium sized sauce pan heat the 1/2 cup evoo over low heat, add the garlic and the herbs and cook for about two minutes. add the salt and pepper.
3. Add the tomatoes and let the tomatoes just get warm, do not boil or cook the tomatoes.
4. Top the chicken with about 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce and top the sauce with the Asiago cheese
5. Bake the chicken for two more minutes, remove and serve.
6. Find the Greek Spice Blend here in the store[/private]