I love my greens, but sometimes I don’t like just serving of them as a side dish, a pile of greens near a piece of meat etc.
There are many ways to use greens in our diets; juicing, salads, fillings, sides, dehydrating etc. If you grow greens like we do, you better have an arsenal of recipes to use them in. This Swiss Chard recipe, a lasagna is yet another great way to use up your greens.
- 1/2 of medium white onion, sliced
- 6 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- large bunch of swiss chard, carefully washed nad roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup minced flat leaf parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp garlic pwdr
- 1 large container full fat ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 package lasagna noodles cooked and cooled or use no boil
- your favorite tomato sauce to garnish
- In a large pot add 4 tbs olive oil and saute onions for a few minutes, add chard, season with salt and pepper, cook for 20 minutes stirring often. Cool and chop up slightly
- In a large work bowl whip eggs and garlic powder, add parsley, whisk to combine, then add cheese and remaining olive oil, combine well.
- I na large lasagna pan add some of the cheese mixture, then start layering the lasagna with noodles, cheese mixture, chard onion mixture and mozzarella cheese. Cover tightly with HD aluminum foil
- Place in preheated 375 degree oven for 35-45 minutes , allow to cool then plate up, garnish with tomato sauce.