Learn how to make a delicious comfort food soup loaded with health promoted kale, filling potatoes and spices with chorizo sausage.
1-1/2 cups chorizo sausage (substitute Lincuica sausage if need be)
3 russet potatoes
5 cups kale, chopped
1 quart chicken stock
3 cups water
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup onions, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1. Cook chorizo sausage over medium heat to well browned, drain on paper towels and set aside.
2. In a large soup pot over medium heat add oil, garlic and onions, saute for 5 minutes.
3. Season with salt and pepper
4. Add chicken broth, 2 potatoes and kale then cover and cook for 25 minutes until potatoes are soft.
5. Mash potatoes up, then add 3 cups water, season with salt and pepper, add previously cooked chorizo and diced potatoes. Cook for 15 more minutes.