A surprisingly easy pastry or pie dough, known as a Pate Briseé. If making pie dough, add 2 tbs sugar.
- 2 Sticks Butter (cold), chopped into half-inch cubes
- 2½ cups All-Purpose Flour plus some extra as "bench flour"
- 1 tbs Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Water (ice-cold)
- Add salt and flour to food processor. Pulse to mix. Add Butter. Pulse until you get small pebble-sized chunks of butter. Careful not to over-work.
- Add water, pulsing while pouring until mixture starts to come together..not too much!!
- Dump out mixture onto a cold, hard surface. Using extra flour as needed, mold by hand into a flat disc. Be careful to work quickly as not to melt the butter.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate a minimum of 45 minutes, longer if you can.