[private]Created by: Keith Snow
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Recommended Beverage: Pinot Grigio
This chicken is great paired with a fresh salad from the garden and a light vinaigrette. Served with a crisp glass of Pinot Grigio and you’ll think your on the Italian riviera.
2 lbs chicken breast boneless / skinless
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
3 tbs fresh basil chopped
2 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
2/3 cup olive oil for sauteeing
2 recipes Green Salad
1 recipe French Vinaigrette
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
1. Whisk together in a bowl, the Dijon, egg and milk. Soak the chicken in the egg mixture for 30 minutes.
2. In another bowl combine the breadcrumbs, basil and the cheese.
3. Remove the chicken from the egg mixture and shake off any excess.
4. Coat the chicken with the breadcrumb mixture.
5. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Cook the chicken about 4-5 minutes on each side being careful not to burn.
6. Drain on a paper towel, season and serve.
Chef’s Notes: Be sure to watch the heat carefully, the idea is to brown the chicken slowly so it cooks through, not burn the breadcrumbs and have raw chicken.[/private]