This seasonal homemade pasta dish with spring peas, wild mushrooms and ricotta cheese is the perfect dish for spring. The whole wheat pasta retains it texture to produce a very al dente fresh pasta dish.
Created by: Chef Keith Snow
1/2 lb cooked pasta
1/2 cup fresh pre-cooked peas
1 cup wild mushrooms
4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbs shallots, minced
1-1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
1 tbs Parmesan cheese
1 tbs fresh thyme
1 tbs fresh chives
kosher salt to taste
black pepper to taste
1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
1. Cook pasta until its al dente, which means slightly firm. May take longer than 3 minutes, even for fresh pasta.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat add oil then mushrooms cook for 3-4 minutes, add garlic & shallots. Cook for 2 minutes then add the ricotta cheese and peas.
3. Continue stirring until cheese melts then add pasta, salt and pepper, mix well until well combined.
4. Add half of the herbs then check the seasoning.
5. Plate the dish up, garnish with the remaining herbs, some olive oil and Parmesan cheese.