One of the simplest yet most profound recipes I know. Only a few ingredients and some time make this dish what it is. It’s the perfect compliment to any bbq or roast pork.
Omi's Kraut Salad
Author: Chef Keith Snow
Recipe type: side dish
- 1 head of green cabbage, cored and finely shredded
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs safflower or sunflower oil
- 1 tbs kosher salt
- 1 tsp Knorr Aromat seasoning
- In large work bowl add all ingredients, mix well.
- After 30 minutes mix again.
- Repeat process 6 times.
- Takes a good 3 hours to soften
- adjust seasoning before serving.
- NOTE Serve room temperature.