Created By: Chef Keith Snow
Chef Keith Snow demonstrates the proper way to make a perfect seared New York Strip Steak. These are topped with shoe-string sweet potatoes and a homemade steak sauce. Use any sauce you like, these steaks are delicious.
1 New York Strip Steak
2 tbs Pure Olive Oil
kosher salt to taste
black pepper to taste
1 tbs steak rub seasoning
1. Allow steaks to warm up to near room temperature.
2. Coat the steaks on each side with olive oil. Liberally season on each side with the steak rub seasoning (if you don’t have a seasoning like this, use salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne powder, onion powder).
3. Press the seasoning into the steaks with the tines of a fork.
4. Cook the steaks on a grill or cast iron grill top or pan until medium rare (135 degrees F), flipping only once. The seasonings should form a nice crust on each side.
5. Plate up the steaks as Chef Snow does in the video: on a bed of homemade steak sauce, topped with sweet potato pommes frites.